Sunday, June 8, 2008

Start Spreading the News...

For this past week or so, we've been spreading the news to family, friends, and co-workers. No disapproving looks yet - everyone seems to think we'll do OK and are very happy for us. How we rolled it out to a group of close friends here was to have a birthday party at our place, celebrating all of the the May birthdays (Jeremy, Mo, Coy and Vicki - the order in the picture). Just before singing "Happy Birthday" I shoved a number "0" candle on the cake - it took a few seconds but everyone got the idea. We caught video of the moment on Amy's camera and would have posted it, but with all of his excitement Jeremy managed to render the video PG-13, so it's a little inappropriate for this G-rated blog. Thanks JJ! =)

Rolling out the news to co-workers has been fun, but work is so busy that I've had to just catch people when there's a chance and throw in a clever reference to me being a dad or something. Creating offspring has been quite the popular thing to do lately in my group at work... "there's something in the water cooler" they say. At least there will be plenty of astronauts ready to go to the Moon once we figure out how to get them there!

I hope we get up to see some family during the latter parts of this summer, especially my Dad's side of the family, since it's been more than a couple of years since I've seen most of them. I have to work on my contact info for everyone since my initial e-mail bounced back from 1/4 of everyone I sent it to. Need to clean it up by Christmas for sure this year! (if you're reading this and have some recently updated info please send it our way?)
-Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys - we are so excited for you! I hope Saturday with the kiddos didn't scare you about your future too much. Gerty - Mo said she'll have to work on helping you not be such a pushover at bedtime! Added your blog to the list of baby blogs I watch - welcome to the club...

Elizabeth said...

Hey send me the PG-13 video! And if you let me know whose addresses bounced, and the ones you used to reach them, I'll see if I have anything different.