Well, we now have all of our Utilities back in service, including the internet! Chris has spent most of his time off from work this week (NASA will not re-open until Monday) cleaning up debris, ripping apart the dining room, and taking some pictures along the way. Last night we enjoyed the company of some friends at our place over pizza & beer (well, some of us had beer).... it was great to be back in the regular swing of things!
I managed to go to work a couple of days this week. Mostly because I could not stand being at home without power and feeling so worthless, not being able to help out with the manual labor associated with hauling large tree limbs to the street & such. Being at work was refreshing. It was a great distraction from the reality of how devastated the storm left most of the greater Galveston & Houston areas. My company was lucky (a specialty chemical company), as the office was fully up & running on Monday morning. I was actually able to get stuff done, especially seeing how most of my colleaugues were not in the office.
Yesterday we made another trip to Dr Klein's office. It was time for a regualr check up. It was so great to get more data showing us that both Mom & Baby are doing fine. I was concerned that maybe I was developing pre-clampsia because my hands are so swollen. But luckily, my protein levels & blood pressure (beleive it or not) are still well within the normal range. I also has some routine blood work completed to test for gestational diabetes. Lets hope that comes back negative for Chris's sake because I will get very cranky if I'm not able to indulge in sweets anymore! Now that I'm in the 3rd trimester, we'll be visiting the doctor every 2 weeks. We're also due for another ultrasound in a couple of weeks. Hopefully Baby Gerty will cooperate more this time so we can see his little face!
Today we're still tackling stuff off the 'to do' list. Babies R Us has opened back up again so we'll be heading there to put our gift cards some of you gave us at our recent shower in NY to good use. We'll be placing an order for that all important crib!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
update -update - update!!
This is your monthly blog-prod service, activated when there is a full month with no babygerty updates ;)
(the other update call wasn't me!)
Post a Comment