Saturday, May 3, 2008

Membership Pending

One of the benefits of waiting as long as we have to have our own children is how we get to see so many of our friends' offspring grow up before our eyes.

We just got back from a celebration for our friend Ava, who is 2 years old and just beat brain cancer. I won't go into the amazing road she and her family have been through during the past year (check it out here - truly inspiring), or my distinct admiration for each one of them, but I will mention how striking it was to see the network of friends/parents celebrate in force! I saw co-op buddies I hadn't seen in years with 4-year-old doppelgangers running along side them, folks from work that I've never seen in a t-shirt, and just a general feeling of camaraderie between parents with the same age kids.

So, you might say I'm looking forward to becoming a member of "the club"... and ... you might be right!
-C

No comments: