Ahhh... now that I'm almost 16 weeks along in this adventure, the second trimester has brought me more energy and the desire to "nest". I have been able to get back into a workout routine which I think will be very helpful, considering how much weight I have already put on my petite frame. I think most women find this time frame the most akward for appearence & fashion. I don't really look pregnant - just like I have a hefty beer gut. None of my pants fit but I'm not quite round enough to fill in maternity clothes. Oh well, in just another couple of weeks, I am confident I'll look more like a mother-to-be.
Chris & I have also been working on changing our "box" room to a suitable baby room. When we first moved into our new home, we chose 1 bedroom to serve as a temporary storage room. This allowed us to essentially leave tons of boxes unpacked. Now, we're going through the process of a "clean sweep" - determining what needs to be thrown out, given away, or stored elsewhere. The baby room is now almost empty, but our game room is filled with numerous piles of stuff that still needs considerable work.
In the weeks to come, we have plans to dwindle these piles down to nil and get together a game plan for the baby room decor. So many choices - theres the crib and balancing safety, functionality, and asethetics. Then theres the question if you keep the room gender neutral or play up a girl or boy theme. Which brings me to the next point....
As long as Baby Gerty cooperates, we only have a few more more weeks until the gender will be revealed. So make sure you cast your votes! Some may have an unfair advantage as they will get to observe the way I "carry" the baby. Nevertheless, we are so excited w/ anticipation & will be sure to be reveal the results shortly after we know - so stay tuned.
-Mo
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Maureen and Chris,
We were so excited to hear about the upcoming event of a new little neighbor. If you need anything like someone to watch the baby were only 5 mins away.
Love, Mr. and Mrs. Palm
(Bill's Parents)
Post a Comment