Friday, November 14, 2008

Holding Pattern

As we get closer to the "birthday" and the times afterwards, you'll see some very short updates and I'll try to put one up almost every day. Feel free to bug me about this - every comment goes to my gmail account - so comment away! We both really appreciate all of the well-wishes, both from here and our Facebook pages, e-mail and phone calls, and of course the ones we're getting in person too!!

Today Maureen came home from the hospital after two days of observation. Our doc gave us a few options but the one that made the most sense was to spend some time at home in bed instead of at the hospital, since at home the bed/food is better, and it's just more comfortable. Her tests were stable enough to hold out at least until Monday and probably longer until having the baby. And yes, the dogs are happier with this arrangement.

So, short story is that we're all doing much better now that we know much more and nothing has changed in the past week. We'll just stay in this holding pattern until the time is right to induce or he beats us to the punch (which he has been doing a lot of already - punching, that is).

Oh, and if you really want more frequent updates, and you don't have a Facebook account, go to my Twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/gerty. I can update that over my cell phone and if things are happening fast (like they did during Ike) I'll have 140 characters or less to get the important stuff out to the world. There might be other news mixed with the baby news, just to warn you... =)
-G

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I like your twitter page! Hadn't seen that before. I got the wrong idea bout your plastic plant fire comment, though - I was thinking potted home decorations, for which random fires would undoubtedly be a worry!

Hope you're feeling more comfortable at home, Maureen!