Friday, January 23, 2009

Evan Goes Live!

I almost dropped a couple hundred for a video baby monitor, but then figured out a way to do the same thing via my laptop and a $15 webcam. Plus it gives us a far better range - worldwide!

Check it out:
Evan's BabyCam
(the above link will open a chat window, too)

We try to have the stream up all of the time, but only when he's within USB cord-range do we actually have him on camera.

Online TV Shows by Ustream

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! He's climbed out of the basinet!! oh...maybe you just picked him up and carried him into another room....hope his first week at daycare went well, and Mo's return to work went well too! Tell Evan (unless he has learned to read already at school) that I miss him and will see him soon. We'll have to do dinner or something soon! Miss you all!

Elizabeth said...

Excellent, we got to watch the transition from sleeping to squalling to laughing with Maureen, or at least smiling at her. I couldn't get any sound, nor did the chat function work, but this is pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Evan certainly seems more aware of his surroundings now, looking about, and kicking like crazy. Nose beeps work well too. I'm guessing it won't be long before he's crawling out of view of the camera.

Elizabeth said...

What happened to the camera? It's been Off Air for the last few days..