Sunday, April 5, 2009

Outdoor Adventures

Out for a StrollAs everyone knows, Houston is not known for outdoor excitement, unless you love watching traffic or gazing in the wonders of a smog-induced sunset. But life is what you make of it, and we're determined to introduce Evan to the world around him. Since he was a few weeks old he seemed to do OK with a stroll down to the end of the block to get the mail, and of course the car rides to a restaurant or daycare. Now that he's over 4 months old, Dr. Mom has cleared him for the running stroller that we're borrowing from the Madsens (while they're busy running around with a third newborn!).
Here's our pace and my heartrate:


Since then we've done a few laps in a row and he seems to get calmer for every lap. We'll just have to see how often we can keep this up until the summer heat keeps us inside.
Today we have a neighborhood picnic to go to, which should lead to many more photo ops. I'm so glad I don't have to pay for film anymore (but that 1TB hard drive I just bought isn't hooked up yet). With the influx of new pictures, and the geek-factor of the past two posts, expect Mom to chime in soon - maybe even later tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where did all the houses go on that aerial shot? Last time I looked there was a whole neighbourhood.

Martin